Monday, April 21, 2014

{April 14, 2014}

Hello

this week was good!! for PDAY last week we went to this huge field and played futbol with the whole zone and it was really fun!




this week, Hna Solis had to go back down to Lima so I went to Caraz for a day and that is like an hour and a half more north from Huaraz so that was good! it was really pretty 



this I took in the house of a member who lives like a 15 minute hike up a mountain! it's a little rough but it was pretty

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jorge got baptized this week!



Jorge and the Bishop




it was really a miracle because, he wasn't really sure and we've tried so hard but we were going to drop him, so we went and tried explaining it one more time and it worked! he was willing to take a step of faith! It was a miracle, I can see the Lord really working with people, changing them for the better, helping them have the faith needed to move forward! it was awesome!

The baptism was the highlight of the week, but also the President came up to Huaraz and I'm serious when he teaches principles I love it because we learn about that principle but we also learn how to teach it! and it's great! 
but other than that our week was a little rough, it's hard to lose a day in your area and then come back, so we were looking for new people with NOTHING i swear it was sunday and we had no new people! I was dying and then we just started knocking doors and we found 5 new people to teach! another miracle! I'm serious I don't know how it happened, but one house we knock on and this little boy answers the door and so we ask if his parents are home and he is like yeah...and just swings the door open and we see his grandma and she just is like "its cold outside come in!" so we go in and we start talking and we show them a Book of Mormon and the little boy was just in love with that book it was so great! so we are really excited to go back and teach them. and we also got a reference from the Elders they were teaching this lady but she moved to our area! and she is so ready for bapitism so we set her up for a date on the 26th and we are hoping all goes well with her!
it's funny how something can just turn around completely. I see the hand of God working and it's such a blessing, I think sometimes we do forget the little things, like listening to the Holy Ghost but He is there and all we need to do is listen. 
I love this Gospel. it's perfect! 
and I love you all! thanks for everything! 
OH
also I completed a year!
how crazy.




thats hna bills, elder hackelman (who is in our group, I traveled with him to Peru he's awesome) and me! 

time is flying!! 
love you all!
have a good week!
love Hna Winters 

No comments:

Post a Comment