Monday, April 21, 2014

{April 21, 2014}

Hello Family

this week was good! we did a huge service project this week, we destroyed a house!





oh my it was so long! it took 2 days! well two mornings! and we were all so sore! ha but it was a lot of fun too





and after service the members always give us lunch! and this day we got fish!!




yummmmmmm
ha 
it was really good though we have fun serving! because we are missionaries obviously!
but this week was good! not much else happen except!!!! 
Jorge said the opening prayer in sacrament meeting! I was so happy! it was so great! It's always great to see someone you helped! 
Sunday was good and weird, weird because they don't really celebrate easter here, they have Semana Santa (the Holy week) but it was really weird because in church we didn't have anything special for easter, so I really missed home! but it was still a good Sunday because we had one of our investigators come to church. Her name is Mercedes and she has a date to get baptized this Saturday and I hope everything goes well with that, she is really sweet, she is a single mom of 2 kids Sebastian who is 7 and Kathleen who is 3 and so funny, they are really cute kids and we love that family! 
we are still just trying to find new people, still loving everything,
mission life goes by so fast but I've been thinking about how much different I am, I'm serious you learn so much on the mission, you grow up so much on the mission and I'm so happy that I'm here, I feel different, but the real test will be if you guys see the difference when I am home haha. 
I'm so thankful for this Gospel in my life, I don't know where I would be without it. Before I got here I was pretty sure that everyone believed that Jesus was our Savior, but being here I've learned that SO many people do not know about the atonement, they believe that we are born in sin and destined to die that way as well, they don't understand that Jesus had a purpose here! and to be the people to tell others that there is hope, there is a possibility for change is so great! I'm so thankful for my Savior and this holiday that we have to celebrate Him, but we need to remember him daily! and it takes work, me and Hna Solis are always talking about goals that we have for when we get home so that we don't forget! 
I'm so thankful for everyone of you! and I hope you guys have a good week! 
love Hermana Winters 

OH also Hermana Solis is super excited to get to meet you guys on Mothers day, so practice your spanish! ha she is going to be practicing her english! ha Love you

oh also!

I got glasses.
Im going a little blind ha 
not really but kind of, it's just for far away things, like the white board and stuff. 
just so you know 
i didn't know if that was something you would want to know but there is it :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment