Monday, May 5, 2014

{April 28, 2014}

Hello Everyone! this week was good, it seemed like it lasted forever! 

Monday it rained so hard!!! we were playing and it got us all soaked!



except Elder Roco, who refused to play ha he didn't want to get cold (the elder with the umbrella) 

Then after we had a family home evening with Jorge and Leydi and the son of Jorge and the boyfriend of Leydi 



and it was really good! and that night everyone that had cambios had to leave to go to lima so we went to the bus station to pick up an Hermana because her campanion was leaving so we got to say goodbye to everyone, which is really hard sometimes. 



but then....the next day I got my package!!! 





Hna Solis says "thank you thank you thank you!" 

So our baptism with Mercedes has gotten postponed, she is going to be getting baptized in about 3 weeks, we need to help her a little bit more but everything is going good with her! she is coming to church and her kids are the cutest things ever! her little boy Sebastian asked us for a Bible and we kept forgetting to bring it and in our lesson Saturday night we sit down and the first thing he says is "I'm assuming that you didn't forget to bring my Bible....again." oh we felt awful ha but he was very forgiving and he told him we would bring it to the church for Sunday and he said "yeah ok...but write it down so that you don't forget!" ha he's great! 

also this week the Relief society was having an activity and they were selling lunch so we went to buy lunch to support the Relief Society! and...duh duh duh we ate CUY!!! 




it was really good actually, a little hard because part of it had hair on it still....so i didn't eat that part but the rest of it was good! 
This is Madylin, she is a Less Active that we are helping come back to church, she and her husband were both less actives and her husband came back super fast and he is serving the Young Mens right now, but she is a little bit harder but she came yesterday so that was good. We actually had a really great lesson with them this week, we were talking about testimonies, and I realized how much of my testimony has really come from the mission, I remember I had my call and I was preparing to leave and Mayli was talking to me one night at work and she looked at me and said "I've never heard your testimony, what is your testimony Morgan?" and I was like "Mayli you've heard my testimony, I'm not going to do this right now" but she insisted and I bore my testimony, I think about that day all the time? why wasn't I willing to bear my testimony? why haven't shared my testimony as much as I should be doing? so when we were teaching Madylin we read part of Alma 32 and I really love verses 39 and 40 and I take it as if we do not give our testimony we will lose it, and I have felt my testimony grow so much because I'm sharing it everyday! and I'm ready to share it in whatever moment that it's needed! I hope you are all the same! share a simple testimony everyday, people have hard days all the time, testify that prayer can help, testify that the Book of Mormon will help, and if you don't have a testimony that those things can help PRAY and ask God for yourself! 
well there's my soapbox for the week, ha I love you all and I hope you know that! 
also! a member showed me a video this week! and it's so great and I love it and I encourage you all to watch it! it's " Missionary Work and the Atonement" with President Erying and Holland, it's so great!  and a little scary for me ha I just learn everyday that I need to be better, so that's what the goal always is ha 
I really love you all and I hope you have a good week! and you all stay safe! 

love, Hermana Winters 


No comments:

Post a Comment