Monday, May 5, 2014

{May 5, 2014}

Hi

I hope all of you are doing well this week!

this week was good, we actually recieved a miracle :) 
this week we had a Family History Fair 



it was really cool, we had two tables 1 just full of Ensigns like super old ensigns but new ones too that people hadn't picked up from the church so we were giving those away to people who wanted them and then on the other table we had Books Of Mormon and pamphelts! we as missionaries were inviting all these people in off the streets to get a free everything haha but then they would come in and the members were helping them find all the things that they needed, so a guy walks in and he stays for the activity, and then we had a lunch break and we started again in the afternoon, and he came back! and thats when we talked to him and figured out that he lives in our area! so we were excited! and then he came back that night for mission night that we have! I was so excited! and then he came and watched a baptisim on Saturday and we were singing the hymn "Joseph Smiths first Prayer" but in spanish it's call the prayer of the prophet. and when we finish singing he asks "This is singing about Joseph Smith right?" Hna Solis just smiles and nods and in my head I'm thinking "HOW DO YOU KNOW?!" so after the baptisim we had the chance to teach him and he had read the pamphlets that he had gotten from the fair and he had started reading the Book of Mormon! so we challanged him to be baptized and he said yes, and he came to church yesterday!!! We were really excited, his name is Jesus...ha but he is really great! he is 24 and is from Huancho but is here to work in the mine that they have here in Huaraz, he got here to Huaraz 5 days ago! so we are really excited about him!
and I'm serious I feel like he is our miracle, so I hope that feeling is right! ha  
Mercedes is doing good as well, we are preparing her and her son Sebastian for the end of this month to get baptized, we are just a little nervous because it seems like such a long way from right now but we know she is going to be great! 

other than that our area is doing well, we continue looking for new people and some people that we talk to are...interesting to say the least. 
we had a guy very strongly tell us this last week that we are in error and that we are wrong about everything we believe....and I just looked at him and it's so hard because you want to get frustrated and yell but I just look at these people and I feel so sad, because we as members know the end for these people who are rejecting the gospel, and it just makes you want to work that much harder. 
and that's what we have been doing, Hna Solis drew this picture



haha 
my backpack weighed SO MUCH one day I'm serious I wanted to die. and Hna Solis was behind me reading the strength of youth pamphlet haha I love her. 

I hope you all have a good week! and that you are all studying your spanish so you can talk to Hna Solis, she is practicing her english!! 
I love you all! 
talk to you next week!!

love,  Hermana Winters


No comments:

Post a Comment