Monday, June 2, 2014

{May 12, 2014}


Hello Family!

it was so great to talk to you all! and I'm so thankful again for everything you all are doing for me! 

I was able to touch a little bit on this yesterday but like I said, we were able this week to go and listen to one of the Seventy of our area!



like I said, we left at 2:30 in the morning and so the Elders came by to walk with us to the church 

then we left to Barranca, it's a 4 hour drive. and we got there and I saw...




HNA AGLE!! it's been almost 6 months since I've seen her so that was really great and I also saw...




HNA SKOUSEN!! (i know I look red...the room was hot.)  it's been 6 months I haven't seen her either! so that's one reason that multi zonas are so great! you get to see everyone! 

But the meeting so was great! President Waddell talked about conversion. He talked about Faith and how we need to help our investigators develop that faith so one day they won't become less actives. He also talked about how when we are meeting with Less Actives we need to do the same, we need to help them become converted so that they are keeping their convanents that they have made with God. 
He talked about how we as missionaries are being converted as well, because as we bring people unto Christ we find ourselves next to Christ as well. As we help people realize the covanents that they have made we in turn remember the covanents that we have made. 
It's so crazy to me to see the people that have served missions, have been married in the temple, have been baptized, have really come unto Christ and they fall away again. And it breaks my heart knowing that some of those people are part of our family. And while I'm here helping these less actives come back to the church I'm trying to find ways that I'm going to apply the same thing when I get home. 
Something that President Waddell said that I really liked was, that we aren't looking for baptisims we are looking for converts. People who have really come unto Christ. And the way that we need to do that is by doing the simple things 
1. Praying, everyday. 
2 Reading the scriptures. everday
3 going to church. everday...ha just kidding every SUNDAY 

the little things that we usally forget. I know that I'm not perfect, but like I've said before I've really come to know my Savior here and I'm determined not to forget Him when I come home. 
And I'm so thankful to have a family that has and will continue to help my testimony grow, that sounds really cheesy but it's true. I'm so thankful for each of you in my life, I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't have you. and I meant what I said yesterday, I'm thankful for all the sacrifices you guys are making so that I can be here! it's the greatest thing I could have ever asked for! 
Also I encourage you all to take the advice from one of the Apostles... Elder Ballard I'm pretty sure said it this last confrence that we should all have a copy of Preach My Gospel, you should all get one, and study it and learn from it! it's a really great book. ha. 
and I really do feel weird sometimes talking to you guys like that, but doing these things is how my testimony has and is growing so much! and I just want the same for you guys :) 
I love you all! thanks again for EVERYTHING, I hope that call yesterday didn't make you guys trunky...because I still have a lot of time left! ha 
don't miss me too much! i loveyou!!
have a good week! 

love, Hermana Winters

Ps....how was my grammer? better? I tried....just for you ha. ha. ha.



Hna McIntosh (panama), Me, Hna Lopez(Guatemala), Hna Cardozo (Argentina), Hna Bills (Arizona), Hna Solis (Paraguay) 

No comments:

Post a Comment