Monday, June 23, 2014

{June 16, 2014}

Hello my dear family.
 how are you all? 
I'm doing good. 

This week was good! we are finding new people to teach but the only problem is helping them to progress! but slowly and surely everything is happening!

we had our zone meeting this week and that was really good, and also I got to see Hna Skousen! which is always good and Hna Maclead, they were visiting our zone because their companions were in immigrations




so i was with 4 of my 7 companions. ha Hna Larsen, I don't know if I told you but she is in my zone so it's good to see her.




this is Antonella, she is so great and I love her. she makes me laugh. she is a member in the ward that ALWAYS comes with us! she is getting ready to go on the mission, so she is just really great. 

the ward had a party for Fathers day




Me, Elder Poole, Elder Rojas and Hna Tique 

but really it was a good week, we were working with our investigators we were working with 3 in particular so that they could come to church and get progressing a little bit more for baptisim, so we were getting excited for Sunday...Sunday comes around and NOT ONE of them comes to church. I was so bugged. so bugged. so we were walking home after church and I was just like for REAL, but while we are walking I just felt like we needed to start over, we needed to stop visiting everyone that we were teaching, because I know that if someone really wants to change, if someone really wants to accept this gospel they will make time and come to church, so I just had a feeling that we needed to move on, so I told Hna Tique how I felt and she felt the same so we just started knocking doors and then Hna Tique says "I think we need to pray, lets pray and look at the map and we will know where to go." (so thankful for her.) so we do just that. and we get an answer and we go to the street that we choose, or better words that was reveled to us ha and we start knocking. we knock the first 10 houses...nothing. we keep going and we see a family getting out of a car so we go over and talk to them, turns out that the wife, her brother is a member! so we got an appointment with them, so we keep going and we find a less active. we keep going and we find another person who has family who are members, and we find a man that talked with the missionaires 15 years ago but didn't have time to meet with them, but he said he really wants to find out what we believe this is what he says "I talked to the Jehovas witnesses and they are wrong." so that made us excited! 
I know God answers our prayers, I know that we aren't alone in the work and that He will guide us to know where we need to go! And a man in church was giving his talk and he said "we shouldn't worry about what we need, we should worry about keeping the commandments" because if we are keeping the commandments we have the Lords promise that everything will be good!
D&C 82:10 
Yo, el Señor, estoy obligado cuando haceis lo que os digo; mas cuando no haceis lo que os digo, ninguna promesa teneis.

I know that's true. I know that happiness in this life comes from the commandments.and honestly it's taken my mission to help me see that and I'm so thankful for that, and it's something I will never forget! 
I feel like I dont tell you guys enough...but I don't know what else to write. so if you have questions...feel free to ask..? 

I'm not trunky...some of you asked me about that. ha I'm not at all trunky I still have a long ways to go, so don't worry about me. 
I love you all and I hope that you have a good week! 
love
Hermana Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment