Monday, June 23, 2014

{June 9, 2014}

Hello one and all!! 

this week has been good, just trying to get to know the new area and all the people who live here. it's hard sometimes just because you don't just have to remember names, you have to remember street addresses, background stories and it gets hard sometimes, but everything is going good! 
we are finding people to teach and loving it! Yesterday one of our new investigators Jorge came to church! we also found a single mom of a family of 4 boys but she couldn't come because she had gotten sick. so we are planning for her for the next week. We are also teaching a man (Jaime) that lived 30 years in the United States in New Jersey, so he can speak english, it's weird because I only like to speak english with the Elders because when you are out in the street you feel weird and I feel like my english isn't formal enough..? i don't know it's weird. but he is really nice, he didn't come to church, we called him and he said "Hnas....I'm too tired" yeah...welcome to the club Jaime!! I forgot to mention our meetings are now at 8 in the morning, and it's only hard because we have to leave and pass by to get people and be 30 minutes early to the meeting and time just flies when you need to get stuff done. We are working with a less active that is coming to church and is preparing to go to the temple! so that will be exciting when she gets to go through the temple! Her name is Marjorie  :) 

San German is here in Lima, so I left the beautiful green mountains of Huaraz and I'm here in Lima again where there are just dirt hills...now that is true but it's said with love ha. I'm really excited to be here, I know that I'm here for a purpose and I'm learning so much, and more than that I've seen how my whole mission has prepared me for this time in my mission. and I'm so thankful for that, for all of the past experiences that I have had but the experiences that I have waiting for me in the future! 
Today I was reading the ensign and I got a little trunky because I was reading about the Temple and I miss the temple so much! Thomas S Monson said this about the Temple..."As we love the temple, touch the temple, attend the temple, our lives will reflect our faith. As we come to these holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we shall be able to bear every trial and overcome each temptation." I loved it! and I hope that you are all going to the temple regularly. I know that it is the house of God, and I testify of the words of President Monson, I know that when we are having a hard day the best thing to do is go to the temple and remember everything that we have! ( I know I'm on a soapbox, forgive me but I'm going to keep going) I also read the talk that President Uchtdorf gave in conference about being thankful! and I'm so glad I read that talk, it changed a lot especially coming here and starting a new area, with a new companion, instead of thinking of all the things missed, I was looking at all the new things that I could be grateful for! so I encourage you all to do that as well! 
because it will make all the difference!! ALSO thinking of temples and being grateful, can we just take a minute to think how lucky we are on the topics of temples?! how many temples in Utah...I'm serious I think there are like 15? i'm not sure, but we have like 6 temples within an hour of our home, where here, in Huaraz they go every 3 months because the temple is 8 hours away and it costs a lot of money to get there! and Huaraz isn't even the farthest city away from Lima!  we should definitely be counting our blessings in that category! 
I love you all so much!! I hope you go to the temple this week, feel free to send me pictures! 
have a good week! 
Love Hermana Winters




No comments:

Post a Comment