Wednesday, June 4, 2014

{June 4, 2014}

 HELLO I'm so sorry that I didn't write Monday, all of the internet was down in Ancash or the little part of Peru were I was we were asking all day long but NO ONE had it. we were freaking out...so I'm sorry! 
But i'm doing good! Last week for Pday we did Pachamanca!! 
it's were you make a hole and you make a little oven of rocks and you make a fire and then when the rocks are really hot you put potatoes, sweet potatoes and all kinds of different stuff and meat, we only did chicken but it was super good!!



we went to a little town called Catac, and we had to hike like 40 minutes to find the members that were helping us do it! 




So that was last week was good, we got 5 people to come to church! so that was...a miracle haha but also we had been working with a family Wilmer Mirtha and Nicole, They are less active and so we were working on them to come to church and we always tried to get in but never could and then one sunday they came to church and the Primary President got Nicole excited to turn 8 at the end of May so that she could be baptized, so thats how we got in the house, we taught Nicole all the lessons with her parents and they are coming to church now and Nicole got baptized on Saturday!! 
so the big news of the week is...TRANSFERS....monday we found out that I was leaving Huaraz..and so was Hna SOLIS! we both got changed?! so crazy but so we find out Monday in the afternoon and we have to leave Monday night to get to Lima tuesday morning, we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get everything done!! it was so crazy!! but we made our bus on time!!




and we were dead...haha I'm better at hiding it ha 

but after our forever bus ride we got to Lima at 5 in the morning



I also learned this week that I have no idea how I'm going to get home with all the stuff that I have so wish me luck!! ha but so we went to cambios and there were so many people there! I saw Hna Agle and Hna Brown, so that's always good and then you are just sitting in your chair so nervously until they call your name!! 

MEET 
Hna Tique 



My new companion! 
She is ILO, PERU it's down south by Chile,
she is so great! She has 7 months in the mission and she is so cute!!
I'm in a new area my zone is El Trebol and we are in the area San German 2 

I just here yesterday but the area looks great. 
I'm not going to lie, cambios are really hard, I get sad to leave an area, my companions that I know but I've been grateful for this lesson on the mission, things change and we can't do anything about it, but every change comes with the help of the Lord, I know He is here by my side helping me through everything! and I know that happiness comes from the gospel not just sharing it but living it and I'm so thankful that I have the chance to learn from Hna Tique. 
So that's the big news from this week, I'm so thankful for all of you!! and I hope you are all doing well and that your summer is going to be so great!! 
I promise I will write you monday...again I'm sorry!! but I loveyou all!!

OH and luckily before we left we were able to take a picture that we had been talking about since our first transfer together!



"we are 100% Peruvian" ha 
I love you all!! have a good week!! 


love 
Hermana Winters


No comments:

Post a Comment