Monday, June 2, 2014

{May 26, 2014}

Hey!

This week has been really great!! 
We have been working very hard! and it´s paying off! we are really happy!
First let´s start off with last Monday, we went to Campo Santo, it´s in Yungay and    it´s really just a big grave yard, a long time ago an avelanch (I don't know how to spell) hit the city and killed thousands! so this graveyard is all for them.



It was very beautiful



this is up at the top, the background looks like a painting right? but i sent this because Hna Bills looks great! Haha




this is my district at the bottom

but like I said this week was relly great! we've been working hard, we were trying so that Mercedes could get baptized with her son on saturday but she was busy all week! so we couldn't find her to teach her, and so we fasted Friday so that we could find her and she could get her interview and get baptized, so I was with this attitude like...Obviously we are going to find her, we are fasting!....didn't happen, so I was bummed and hungry, but so that night (friday) the elders had a baptisim and Jorge came! which is good and then Kathy came as well, she is the investigator who believes but said she didn't want to get baptized for a year...awesome I know. but so Hna Solis was talking to Kathy and got a feeling that she wants to be baptized so we talked and long story short we challenged her and we were going to have her baptisim Sunday in the morning! so I was again with the attitude...Ok it's going to happen, this is our miracle from fasting! ...she sends a text and it says Hnas I'm not getting baptized tomorrow...I was crushed. so we were a little bummed Sunday. but then....we were sitting in church with Jorge and she comes in!! We were a little shocked, and then after the classes she comes up to us and long story short she said she wants to be baptized!! I almost died!! we kept it cool and then after she left I started freaking out!! just saying over and over FASTING WORKS!! it was really great! and also this week was great because we went and taught with one of our Less Actives that we brought back, Max and I'm serious everytime he bares his testimony he says " and I"m so grateful for the 2 very special missionarys who came and found me to bring me back" and I love it!! it makes one feel good!  
OH and on Sunday we are sitting in church wainting for it to start and HnaSolis leans over to me and says " Your family is here" and I was like what?! and I look and there is a family of Gringos walking in and one has red hair! it was so funny, but they were just visiting, their son served a mission here 7 years ago! 
but this week was just really good, I was studying about enduring to the end, and I loved it ,  I know that it's important, we kept the faith even when it looked like we had nothing and the Lord does bring miracles. 
I can only testify that after every trial we recieve a blessing, if that trial was endured well. 
I love you all and I hope you have a good week! 
be safe and be happy!!
love Hermana Winters





No comments:

Post a Comment