Monday, July 7, 2014

{June 30, 2014}

OH MY GOODNESS 
I think I had the best sunday in my whole entire mission yesterday, we found a family this week and they came to church!! they are so cute and then also we found another man and he came too!! I was so happy it's insane!

So this family the Diaz Family we have Miguel (the father) Catelina (the mother) Yulino (son 13 years old) Rosa (daughter 11 years old)  and Guadalupe (daughter 7 years old), we contacted their family when we were walking and we went and taught them all! and it was perfect! and we went to pass by for them in the morning and they were all ready to go and it was the greatest! I love teaching them, they are just a cute little family that is so ready! and after church they were like "we are going to come back next week right?" and i was like yes and every week for the rest of your life! they will be getting bapitzed on the 19th :)

Then Guillermo (the other man that we found) I've learned on my mission how big of a role the spirit plays, Guillermo was a reference that we recieved and we went and passed by for him 3 days in a row and he was never there and honestly I forgot about him. One of our appointments fell through on Thursday so we were walking and his name just popped into my mind so we went to meet him and he was there and we also had a member with us! it just played out perfectly, we taught him and challenged him and invited him to church and he accepted everything! He said "i'm not going to lie, I don't understand everything that you've just taught me, but I will pray" and it was finding this man so well prepared by the Lord, and the spirit whispering to us to find him. I'm so thankful for the spirit and all the help we recieve here in the mission! but we had an appointment with him on saturday to make sure he was going to come to church, help him with all his questions, but he wasn't there! we were so bummed we called him and he said he had an emergency, but then he called us later that night and asked "so if the church starts at 8 i need to be there at like 7:40 right?" he was so great and so when we got there with the family I didn't see him and I was so sad, but then when we were sining the closing hymn I saw him! He was in a suit and that's why I didn't see him before! but he had been there the whole time! It was so great! he will be getting baptized the 26th :)

in other events we painted a house this week..
it was a little sketch...





everything is going very well. I'm loving my area and everyone that we are teaching! I feel the help of the spirit as a go about my day and I'm so thankful for that constant help that I have! 
thank you guys for everything! I love you all and I hope you have a good week! 
love
Hermana Winters 

No comments:

Post a Comment