Wednesday, September 3, 2014

{September 1, 2014}

can i tell you why I love dove chocolates....they tell you nice things



so thanks for the package! i loved it! especially here on the mission when everyone looks at the pictures I had back home and they look at me and say "why don't you look like this anymore?" and in my head i say....because i used to wake up at 10 and not worry about the salvation of your soul!!!" ....but i don't  ha but really thanks for the package.

Lunes (monday) last pday we got the new of CAMBIOS
so we found out that Hna Tique was leaving. She was really sad to go. Cambios always just give you the weirdest feeling because you aren't in control of your life, so you just have to hope that everything goes good. 

Martes (tuesday) I got my new compi



Hermana Margetts from Utah South Jordan. She is 20 years old and I love her so much!
we are getting along great! she is my 5th gringa!! so crazy but she is awesome!

Meircoles (wednesday)
we were talking to Rodolfo...we were teaching Roldofo about the 10 commandments and we talked about tithing and we asked if he believed in paying tithing and he said "yes Malachi in the bible says that we need to pay tithing." and then he opens his bible and reads it!! that man is so prepared I can't even handle it...but he still isn't sure about baptisim....dont' ask me????

Jueves (thursday) 
On thursday we knock on a door and get in to teach mother and her son... we teach her lesson one and tell her that we want to come back when her husdand was there and she says.oh my husband is here! and we were like WHAT ...danget...so we learned to ask if the husband is there before we start the lesson. we felt like fools fools!!

Viernes (friday)
Guillermo wrote us a letter telling us about how much he appreciates us and it was just so great! and I will read it to you whenI get home!

Sabado (saturday) we had a special mission conference



Bishop Davis came to speak to the mission and that was awesome!! the choir sung and it went really well. and it was just awesome! I love learning like I always say!

Domingo (Sunday) 
President Uceda came to our stake for a conference (the president of the area of North West South America) and he talked about the sacrament! and it was so great!!!!! i loved it so much!!! and he shook Guillermos hand and said "Hno you look like you've been with us for awhile" and guillermo said "no i've only been baptized for a month but i'm here to stay forever" and president uceda said "keep moving forward" ....it was awesome!!
Also we taught Mauricio who is so great! he is a big 22 year old man from Colombia and his accent is hard to understand but he is so great and so ready to repent! I love helping people repent! it's a good feeling

everything is going really well! Hna Margetts makes me laugh so much, we are funny people!
we are just working hard on getting people to get baptized!
I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for your support!
I read this today and thought of you guys
its a quote from Thomas Monson
"I hope you appreciate the sacrafices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve. Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourages you, their prayers uphold you. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one." 

I love you all and I'm so thankful for all our efforts, I mean I know you miss me, but thanks for sharing me with Peru :) 
love you all! have a good week!
love
hermana Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment