Tuesday, September 9, 2014

{September 8, 2014}


Peru is doing good. 

this week:

Lunes: we taught a crazy man with a crazy member and so we both went crazy...so we figured it was a blessing that we made it home without yelling at anyone. 

Martes: we went and read the scriptures with the Familia Pezo (sebastians family) and the kids were getting bored. but we decided to act it out. so we had fun acting out the 17th chapter of Alma . Read it. its a good one

Miercoles: we taught a lot of lessons. so that's always good.

Jueves: we found Joany a new investigator that is so great! so we are excited to teach her.

Friday: we had to let Roldolfo go...we were kinda sad about it, but he just wanted more time, and it's time we have to spend on someone else. so we are hoping one day that he'll get baptized.

Saturday: I learned how grateful I am from my companion

Sunday: we found.....a family of 4! and they look great! they told us that we can come back and they gave a peaches! so they look promising! 

This week was good! but I'm going to describe what happened with this family.
after walking and talking all the week because so many of our lessons fell through, we went last night to a man that we contacted that told us that we could come by. We went and we asked if his wife was there so that we could go in, and he said "yes I told you my wife would be here" and so we went in and we taught him (javiar) his wife (maricruz) and their two daughters (vanessa 17 and destrella 12) and we started the lesson and Javiar tells us that if we had tried to get into his house two months earlier he would have said no, but he knows that the Lord is softening his heart. Maricruz told us that she had been praying for angels that could come and teach her daughters principles and values that will help them grow into good people. I know that the Lord has prepared this family for sister missionaries and I am so thankful that it's us. We are so excited to teach them. When we finished the lesson with the prayer (kneeling...just incase you wanted to know ha) and they asked in the prayer and everything. and Javiar after the prayer said he felt liberated. 
I love finding families to teach! I'm so thankful for the trust God has put in us to teach them

It was a good week!
I'm working hard. but you should know...I'm excited to see you guys too. but just remember...I still have a lot of time left...so don't get too excited too quickly ha 
love you all and I hope you have a good week!
love Hermana Winters

**We are expecting Sister Winters home October 6th!!!!  27 more days!!!**


No comments:

Post a Comment