Monday, September 22, 2014

{September 22, 2014}

HEY!
so...I felt bad because I wasn´t taking a lot of pictures so this week I took a lot, prepare yourselves

Monday: Monday we were teaching one of our investigators, her name is Jenifer and she is just so prepared! she has always been catholic, but her mom is a member (less active) but her mom went inactive because Jenifers grandma got super mad and all this stuff right. well we found Jenifer and she said that after my grandma died i started a lot to question the catholic church, and so I have a lot of questions for you, also I found my moms Book of Mormon and I have been reading that.....so, I ask her how long ago her grandmother died...and she answers, 3 days ago. I know the Lord is preparing specific people at specific times. 

Tuesday: we had an awesome district meeting about how we have to teach by the spirit. Because that is something that I have learned so much on my mission, if you do not have the spirit you will not convert anyone. you might be able to convince some people but that wont last, what we want is conversion, and if you don't have the spirit that is something you will never have. 

Here is a picture of our district: 




we are so cute.

Wednesday:
we contacted everyone in the street that was wearing glasses and I swear we talked to 100 people, and they were all so nice! for real! Just another testimony that the Lord is helping us.

Thursday:
we went to eat dinner in this restaurant and we were talking to a mother and son who own the restaurant, and we were talking to them about the gospel and at the end they gave us our food for free! The gospel. gotta love it. 

Friday: 
it happened. I got bit by a dog. not a big one. but still. we get into this ladys house and we start teaching her and her daughter and her little dog comes up to me and he looked friendly, right? wrong. it quickly turned vicirous very quickly and bit my leg twice! ha...I was terrified, I can still see it's crazy black eyes! but everything is fine. I don't have rabies. just a bruise. I'm hoping its still around when I get home so I can show my battle wound. 

Saturday:




we got to do a service project on the beach! 
we did it last year too! but it was good to get to do it again!




there is so much trash, and dead animals but we did good. those are the bags full of garbage that we helped clean. Elder Rau, Elder Ortiz, Hno Manachu, me, Hna Margetts.





also, saturday Hno Guillermo called us because he is having back problems so we went to find someone to give him a Priesthood blessing and we went and asked a member and he is the greatest!! we asked him and he just says "hermanas don't even ask, lets just go!!" and he was so great! and he came and he explained the blessing so great to hno Guillermo and it was just so great to know that there are going to be members here to help him!

Sunday: #happybirthdaymom

Yesterday, speaking of Hno Guillermo, he got ordained as an Elder!! right?! so great! he is just so awesome! 
Sundays are always...weird on the mission. Its the day that you get to see all your fruit of your labors from the week, and I was disappointed with my fruits. but I'm so thankful for Hna Margetts, she just keeps me going. and I love her so much because lets face it, it's hard when it gets to the end but I'm working hard because I don't want her to have a dead area when I leave. so she keeps me going! everything is going good! just hanging in there! 

just so you all know...




and I hope you have a good week!

love Hermana Winters 

No comments:

Post a Comment